New and Amended Pipeline Safety Rules Effective January 6January 06, 2020
New and amended Pipeline Safety rules adopted by the Railroad Commission of Texas (RRC) go into effect on Monday, January 6. The rules were adopted at the RRC’s December 17, 2019 open meeting.
- Subchapter A to 16 TAC §8.1 and §8.5, relating to General Applicability and Standards, and Definitions.
- Subchapter B to 16 TAC §§8.101, 8.115, 8.125 and 8.135, relating to Pipeline Integrity Assessment and Management Plans for Natural Gas and Hazardous Liquids Pipelines, New Construction Commencement Report, Waiver Procedure, and Penalty Guidelines for Pipeline Safety Violations.
- Subchapter C to 16 TAC §§8.201, 8.205, 8.206, 8.209, 8.210, 8.225, 8.230, 8.235, and 8.240, relating to Pipeline Safety and Regulatory Program Fees, Written Procedure for Handling Natural Gas Leak Complaints, Risk-Based Leak Survey Program, Distribution Facilities Replacements, Reports, Plastic Pipe Requirements, School Piping Testing, Natural Gas Pipelines Public Education and Liaison, and Discontinuance of Service, including one change in the title of Subchapter C.
- Subchapter D to 16 TAC §8.301 and §8.315 relating to Required Records and Reporting, and Hazardous Liquids and Carbon Dioxide Pipelines or Pipeline Facilities Located Within 1,000 Feet of a Public School Building or Facility.
- New rule 16 TAC §8.110, relating to Gathering Pipelines, in Subchapter B.
To view the new and amended rules, visit the RRC website at General Counsel - Proposed Rules.
If you have any questions about Pipeline Safety rules, email [email protected].